The encrypt visual editor for Mac
CryptoEdit is an absolutely simple, powerful, and secure application to create and edit documents that are encrypted by default.
The ideal solution for managing reserved personal documents.
It can handle TEXT, RTF, and RTFD (RTF with images) files.
|CryptoEdit screenshots - click image to zoom|
HOW IT WORKS
CryptoEdit allows you to edit documents as within a standard word processor.
You can mix text and images assigning font and colours.
You have rulers to format and adjust text and images.
The difference is that you always save a document as encrypted and no one can read it without the proper password.
Your reserved content is always safe
|Always saves content encrypted. You are always safe because it can't save in plain text. No way to create documents that anyone can read.||Easy and effective, you will be productive from the first seconds of use|
|Accepts drag and drop to insert images||Import from files on disk in standard TEXT or RTF or RTFD (RTF + images) .
Documents can also be exported as TEXT, RTF or standard RTFD (included images) in plain format
|Super-protected content. CryptoEdit uses a strong AES-256 algorithm.||Full-featured editor with spell-check in any language
Fully implemented search
Insertion of images via drag-and-drop.
|Unbelievably fast. It decrypts and opens super-secure AES-256 files as if they were plain text.
We've been making Macintosh encryption software since 2005.
|We develop for Mac from a long time. We use only Apple native technology to create macOS apps because we love the Mac and and we love pure true macOS apps|
|Sandboxed and Gatekeeper signed respecting all the Apple rules for first class macOS apps||Includes a full User Guide in PDF accessible under the Help Menu inside the application.|
|Uses Resume, Auto Save, Versions, and Full Screen.
If you quit, on relaunch you will be returned to the same state. There's no need to save, the application does it for you. Always.
You can use the Versions feature from macOS to return to an earlier version of your work.
Full screen natively supported.
|Optimized for macOS 11 (Big Sur)).
Works perfectly both in Light Appearance and Dark Appearance mode
|Using the new Universal Binaries format running as 64 bit in full native mode both on Intel Mac and on the new Apple Silicon Mac|
- Easy, simple and intuitive. It does things in the way you expect
- Native for Mac both for Intel and Apple Silicon
- Adaptive background for Light Mode and Dark Mode
- Save always as encrypted by default, helping you avoid security problems
- Stable and solid with many years of development.
- Can generate secure distributable documents
- Can add public notes, visible to all without the password, for document general information
- Text formatting using rulers, styles, and fonts of different sizes and colors.
- All font selections are available from standard menu dialogs and custom styles may be used.
- Spell-checking in your native language and includes full text search.
- Insertion of images with simple drag-and-drop..
- Saves a document with images (RTFD) creates a single file with all text and images encrypted.
- Also embedded images are encrypted
- Can operate as a service, offering the possibility to create a new encrypted document from a selected text inside any other application.
- Uses a strong AES-256 algorithms
- Unbelievably fast. It decrypts and opens super-secure AES-256 files as if they were plain text.
- Can import from TEXT, RTF and also from RTFD (Rich Text Format + embedded images)
- Can export documents as standard TEXT, RTF, RTFD (images included)
- Offers a menu services addition to all the applications to create encrypted text from inside any other application on your Mac
- Optimized for macOS 11 Big Sur
Read the full CryptoEdit Online User Guide
For general questions about our product, visit our Ecleti Generic OS X FAQ.
You may also read what's new in each version by going to CryptoEdit Releases.
SUPPORTED OS FEATURES
- Tabs for managing many documents in a single window
- Merge all documents in a window
- Full screen
- Automatic resume
- Tags in finder
- Native Light Mode and Dark Mode
You are downloading a secure app digitally signed with an Apple certificate (all our new releases are also Notarized by Apple for your maximum safety)
Rel 2.5 (June 10, 2021) - 5.5 MB
Requires: macOS 10.11 or successive
|To know what's new from the previous releases CLICK HERE|
|If you want to know more about how buying works, visit the Buy section of our site|